For yet another year, the Organizing Committee is pleased to introduce the 29th edition of the International Symposium on Controversies in Psychiatry, which will focus on "PRECISION PSYCHIATRY?". The meeting will take place on April 20 and 21, 2023.
After two years of social restrictions due to the COVID-19 crisis that forced us to celebrate the 27th edition in a totally virtual way and to limit the face-to-face format of the 28th edition, by 2023 we will return to our normality of the last ten years; fully recovering presenciallity while at the same time offering live video streaming, in order to reach all those professionals in any corner of the world who cannot travel to Barcelona. In any case, we are confident that Controversies in Psychiatry will continue to be a reference meeting for the community of mental health professionals around the world.
Each year the symposium deals with a relevant topic of Mental Health for which the main experts from all over the world are invited as speakers. Each one of them presents their experience and the results of their research completely independently of the pharmaceutical industry. Controversies is the only event of its kind in continental Europe and we believe that the continued success of its audience over time validates its format and the proposed methodology.
This year's topic on "Precision Psychiatry?" we believe that it is one of the most current and controversial in our professions, and it is still not systematically addressed in scientific meetings. For this, we will try not only to debate its usefulness, but also to discuss the advances that lead us towards it, both at the diagnostic level and in psychopharmacological, psychotherapeutic and neuromodulation treatments.
We look forward to your attendance and that we can meet again in Barcelona or online.
- LUÍS SÁNCHEZ-PLANELL M.D., chair
- NARCÍS CARDONER M.D., Hospital de Sant Pau & Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- CRISANTO DÍEZ-QUEVEDO M.D., Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol & Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- EDUARD VIETA M.D., Hospital Clínic de Barcelona & Universitat de Barcelona
- Asociación de Controversias en Psiquiatría
- Alex Vallejo-Blanxart, Eng.PhD MBA MSc, Doctor TIC co.
- Bocemtium co.: On-site attendance (attendees, speakers & venue)
- Doctor TIC co.: Online attendance (webinar, webcasts) & Marketing