Call for Posters
The Call for Poster Abstracts is Now Open.
Posters will be displayed in digital format (display). Please read carefully the format requirements before submitting the definitive version.
- Deadline for abstract submission: June 15th, 2021
- Posters must be written in English language.
- Each first author is allowed to submit a maximum of 1 poster.
- The first author must be registered in the on-site symposium (attendance in Barcelona).
- There will be a maximum of 8 authors per poster.
- The jury will be composed of three members of the Scientific Committee: a president, two members.
- There will be no poster defense.
- Participation implies acceptance of the bases and the decision is final.
- Affective Disorders
- Schizophrenia and Psychosis
- Addictive Disorders
- Neuropsychiatry and Psychosomatics
- General Psychiatry
Poster Abstract Submission
ONSITE Controversies 2022
ONLINE Controversies 2022
- The evaluation criteria of the jury will be: originality, presentation, application, methodology and scientific relevance.
- The awards will be in favor of the first author.
- The award will be notified to the first autor of the poster on Friday morning.
- In order to receive the award at least one of the authors must be in the auditory during the closing ceremony. Otherwise, it is deemed to have waived the prize and will be given to the next best poster.
Poster presentation regulations
There will be no defense of the poster. The evaluation committee will review them during the course of the symposium.SENDING the proposed poster abstract:
- The proposal must contain as a mandatory: authors, affiliations, emails (of each author), telephone number, keywords and abstract.
- The abstract should have a maximum of 300 words, structured in "Objectives", "Methods", "Results" (with data already processed) and "Conclusions".
- Deliver your abstract proposal through the poster platform: LINK.
- Send us any doubt you may have related to posters to email@example.com
- Deadline for abstract submission: June 15th, 2021.
- Acceptance notification will be done before July 1st by email to the first autor.
- For the final acceptance of the poster it is imperative that the first author has formalized the registration at the symposium.
- Posters must be written in English language.
- Poster size MUST BE 52,30cm (width) x 86,15cm (height) / (20,59" inches x 33,92" inches) / (1080 pixels x 1779 pixels)
- Poster must be in Vertical orientation.
- You can use this template to make the poster: TEMPLATE
- Supported formats: .PDF, .PNG, .JPG and .GIF. The best format for optimal viewing are .PDF and .PNG.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the symposium's header. The header will be automaticaly included.
- Text that is difficult to read because letters are so small, blurry print, or low contrast with the background (avoid dark backgrounds)...
- Background images that make difficult reading the text.
- Small and/or blurred images.
- Poster too "full" of text and images.
- Save the poster as .JPG with image quality with less than 70%. IMPROVING IMAGE DISPLAY AND TABLES
- Make images and tables predominate on the text (at least 50%).
- The images, photographs or drawings must be high quality.
- They should be simple and big enough that can be viewed from a distance.
- They should be self-explanatory (title, units, etc). IMPROVING SECTIONS AND BACKGROUND
- Separate paragraphs with blanks.
- Use clear and smooth background.
- Graphics and text that contrast with background. IMPROVING TEXT DISPLAY
- Do not use only UPPERCASE (usually they are worse to read than lowercase).
- Use simple font types (Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica)
- Do not mix more than two type of fonts on the poster.
- Title should be in bold font and with a font size 48 pt.
- Authors and paragraphs headings in bold with font size 38 pt.
- Paragraphs subheadings in bold with font size 34 pt.
- The rest of text without bold and font size 30 pt.
- Deliver your definitive poster through the poster platform: LINK.
- Deadline for delivering definitive poster is Monday, September 13th, 2021.
- The first author accepts full responsibility for the content, delivery and presentation of the abstract.
- Until the poster is not accepted, the authors retain all author's rights.
- Once the poster is accepted, the authors authorize the organization of the symposium to publish its content in any print or electronic media related to the International Symposium on Updates and Controversies in Psychiatry.
- Authors must declare any commercial interest related to the content of their poster.
- A poster certificate certifying that the poster has been presented at the symposium will be delivered by email to all authors.
If you have any query related to poster participation, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.